It’s officially a week since I started my blog and I’ve really enjoyed it so far – thanks to anyone that’s read what I’ve got to say! Here’s a round-up of what I’ve been playing this week (with a bit of TV and reading thrown in for good measure):
- Stardew Valley: This game probably needs no introduction but I’ve been spending my down-time tending to my farm and crawling through the cave dungeons in search of slime and Iron. I first played it on PC several years ago so I’m excited to be back in the Valley; it’s great to see how much has changed since then!
- Toem: A super-chill photography adventure game that’s just been released by Swedish indie devs, Something we Made. I finished the main story a couple of days ago but I couldn’t resist going back to get the Platinum. You can read my full review of the game here.
- The Medium: I’m literally an hour or so into Bloober Team’s psychological horror and I’m digging it so far. The use of split-screen between the material and spirit world is a really interesting game design choice. I’ll be posting a review of The Medium in the next week or two so keep an eye out for it on the blog.
- Press Reset: Ruin and Recovery in the Video Game Industry by Jason Schreier A follow-up to his best-selling book, Blood, Sweat and Pixels (which I discuss here), Schreier takes a deeper dive into the inner-workings of the modern video gaming industry, covering crunch culture, burnout and career instability. It makes for a really eye-opening read – it left me wondering how any game ever gets made at all!
- The Morning Show – Apple TV: I enjoyed the first season, even if it was a little melodramatic. Season 2 opens with an interesting take on the Covid pandemic but felt a little slow-paced. I’t’s fine to pass the time while I wait for Succession to return for Season 3; easily my favourite show of the last few years.
If you’d like to read my review of The Medium (coming soon!) then please feel free to follow me or subscribe to my newsletter below: