Kena: Bridge Of Spirits
- 21st September 2021 – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC.
Animation Studio, Ember Lab, released their debut game on Tuesday. After a lot of pre-release buzz, Kena didn’t disappoint, holding a score of 81 on Metacritic at the time of writing. Some commentators felt that the game lacked in originality while also praising its elegant combat and gorgeous world.
Death Stranding: Director’s Cut
- 24th September 2021 – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC.
Hideo Kojima’s eccentric delivery sim gets an update today, including new features, missions, and a native PS5 version. Here’s some of the new additions you can expect from the Director’s Cut and how to upgrade:
- A new cargo catapult for flinging packages across tricky terrain
- New boots that diminish fall damage
- Support Skeleton
- Maser Gun for immobilising Mules
- Buddy Bot – Sam Porter Bridges new robot companion which can carry both cargo and Sam himself.
- The Ruined Factory – Sam gets down and dirty sneaking around a new underground facility in an MGS-like style.
New… Race Track?
- Yep, there’s a race track! Sam can now race, build ramps for his motorcycle and pull off some gnarly mid-air tricks.
New PS5 Features
- Performance Mode (upscaled 4K at 60FPS) and Quality Mode (native 4K)
- 3D Audio
- Dualsense implementation and haptic feedback
- Quicker loading times
How to Upgrade
If you already own Death Stranding on PS4, you can upgrade to the Director’s Cut Digitial Edition for just £5.
23rd September 2021
Nintendo hit us with a 40-minute nostalgia fest at yesterday’s Direct event. Here are some of the announcement highlights in case it was past your bed-time (like me, tbh):
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Nintendo teased us with the promise of new AC content by announcing a new Animal Crossing Direct which will take place in October (they didn’t give a specific date).
Fans of the Final Fantasy series can look forward to a thrilling new kart racing experience when it comes to Switch in 2022. A Nintendo Switch exclusive, Chocobo GP lets you race through courses inspired by Final Fantasy in Story Mode and online with up to 64 players.
After years of waiting, fans got a first glimpse at their number-one witch in action.
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Kirby goes 3D in Spring 2022 as the titular character explores vibrant jungles and abandoned cityscapes in their first main outing since 2018’s Kirby Star Allies.
That’s all from my news round-up this week, but I’ll be back again at the same time next Friday with another glance at the weekly gaming news. But before that, here’s what you can expect from the blog over the coming days:
- Sunday 26th September – I’ll be keeping you up to date on The Last of Us Day after Sony teased new content. Could we be given a sneak peek at the upcoming HBO Series?
- Monday 27th September – I’ll be posting about the relationship between Mental Health and Gaming as well as talking about my own experiences with mental illness.
- Soon: The Medium – ps5 review
Thanks for reading!